Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I can remember as I child sitting outside my door on our balcony listening to my parents fight late at night when they thought I was asleep. I heard lots of things that I should have never heard..Sometimes Ignorance is bliss. That same scene reappeared for once again last night. I was lying down in my bed after having a lovely convo with my friend Jeanna, when I heard my stepmom screaming at my father...I was like what in the world..So I sat outside my bathroom door for about two hours listening to them fight. I sat there and so many painful memories surfaced. I heard my stepmom yell about me and my sis...our family ...our way of life..my father...She said alot of hurtful things to my father..he trys soo hard to make her happy(not to say he hasnt made mistakes because he has). I dont understand at all. At this point and time I am not sure what is going to happen...I can handle the fact the my parents couldnt work things out when I was a kid. But it really sucks when they are both stuggling in their second marriages. I seriously thought when my dad got remarried that this was his soul mate. Im not so sure...I feel as if she wants to give up(PS they have only been married a few months). In ways I blame my way of life...its extremely difficult for them to understand me I feel. Moving on....after I finally went back into my room I sat there and cried to God...I made a vow to God that I NEVER wanted to get married...I dont even know what a marriage is supposed to look like any more....Ne ways I have to go to work soo thats all for now...Im sure that there will be more to come...

1 comments:

Jeanna said...

I am sorry to hear about what all is going on in your family...just remember that you are an amazing woman and don't let any of the hurtful things said make you feel like you are less than a wonderful person!

Don't totally give up hope on marriage...you are more of a fighter than that! :)