Monday, November 14, 2005

Thinking Makes My Head Hurt!

Ok so things are coming together with the family a little better now I am feeling fairly well about the whole situation. So thanks to everyone who is praying for me! Ok so lately I have been pondering some life changes. I have been offered my old job back....along with some new opportunities. The offer is great but it is very tough because I love the job I am at now. But with the Buckle it will be very easy to move up through the company. And Inspire Me is over after I finish college and there will be no opportunity to move myself on up. But I will have about two years of high end fashion experience after all is said and done. Which is a plus because alot of jobs in NY require experience in high end sales. Ne ways I have been praying and talking to some close friends. I think I have finally come to a decision which is a relief....But there is always that fear that comes with change. I love change and I hate change. Its difficult at the start but there is so much benefit to it. So that is a little update on me incase ne one was wondering lol. Now on to my next point. I was reading in my Philosophy book. Here is a quote that has made me really think or ponder. "the greatest griefs are those we cause oursleves" *Sopholces
Ok so i thought about this..can this be true to I bring on alot of the grief myself? I have been hurt by circumstances that are out of my control. I also cause alot of tension or damage just by being me lol. But here is how I look at this whether or not my grief is self imposed or out of my control....It is how I respond. I think that is what Sophocles was talking about in the quote. There will always be grief alot of it is out of our control but I you throw yourself a big pitty party then it sometimes makes things worse than they seem. I so this alot. I like to be dramatic about things. Like the time I was convinced that I need to see a therapist because I was severly damaged from my childhood. Now I dont think the situation is quite as bad as I potrayed it. Sometimes I hold onto grief, anger, frusteration, etc. I mean stuff happens and it hurts but sometimes you just have to put the situation in perspective and as Lori Salerino says"Get up, Get Over It, Move on" Ok thats all I have for you. Not very deep but it made me think anyways!?

3 comments:

Jonathan Anderstrom said...

Hey, since I've known you, you have NEVER once caused me "tension or damage just by being you". You are always such a positive person, thinking of others before yourself. YOU ROCK!

Jeanna said...

I agree with Jon...you are an amazing woman and I thank God for you and your friendship! It means more to me than I could even put into words...

But I do agree that I think sometimes our reactions to "grief" can often cause us more pain...

Laura said...

Okay, if that's not deep then I better learn how to swim a little better! Seriously though, I agree with Jon and Jeanna on all this.