Wednesday, December 28, 2005

2005 A Year in Review

Well after seeing everyone blogging about the past year I decided it would be a good idea for me to jump on the bandwagon. It has been quite the year for me....Although up until now I have been trying to press on and not think about the past. Last New Years Eve was spent with a few friends and some tequila. After becoming slightly intoxicated I decided it would be a good idea to call an ex boyfriend and wish him a happy new year. This simple drunk dial started a series of events....we started to talking...stuff happened...etc. After new years up until about May life got a little crazy. My father got engaged and was then married in April. I also had heavy load between school and work. Then came the month of May....I was shopping at Inspire Me to pick up a couple Juicy Couture sweatsuits before the Women's Retreat(Juicy is the best when you want to be comfy but chic!!) and I received a job offer. I had the weekend to make a decision. And what a weekend it was! The Women's Retreat is something that I look forward to every year. This year a lot of great relationships came out of it. I had come in contact with all of the girls before... but after the weekend was done I had made some really great friendships (Jeanna it all started at the campfire). I came back to reality on that Monday and made the decision to take the job at Inspire Me and leave the my four year adventure at the Buckle. Summer came with some major changes. I had several close friends leave, my step family moved in, started a small group with the girls from the retreat, and there was the famous BLOWUP with my ex. Although lots of stuff went on some awesome memories were made...Jeanna's Bday, Party at Laura's, Haci dancing, the beach, speedos, off roading....Just to name a few! Then school started back up and my life got a little hectic...my small group fell apart (despite efforts to keep it up)...my family life got a little rough...my relationship with God and friends got put on the back burner(between school and work there is no time). The semester was just kind of one big blur for me. Then I was on another shopping spree and received another job offer (as school was coming to a close). So I decided to leave my short experience at Inspire Me and go back to Buckle. Which leads me to where I am today. This year has been full of changes.... and challenges....gained relationships.....lost relationships....finding myself...finding my place...great parties...fabulous trips...weddings...great conversation...and lessons learned....we will see what 2006 brings............... <3 Moi ;)

1 comments:

Jeanna said...

I am so glad we were in the same group once again at the Women's Retreat and that you reached out! My life would not be the same...and that would be lacking without the great conversations and times we have had!!