Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Earth Angel

I know I know the title of my post is a little strange (lol its actually a song ....I didnt get creative or ne thing). So it all started last night. I got home from work...had my daily phone chat with Jeanna.....then my father tells me that we (meaning me, dad, and carolyn) have to have a "chat". Why you ask? Well because she has once again eves dropped on my convo with someone. There are times when I will let out my frustration about my family situation with Jeanna or my grandparents over the phone or whatever. Ne ways apperantly dad sees this as me "running my mouth" or having a "tude". Ok well if u dont want me to vent to people then dont talk bad about my family, make fun of me, my friends, or my way of life...simple! Ne ways...I fell asleep before the convo could happen....so we have to talk tonight (please pray for me!!!!). This morning I woke up a little sick and frustrated over everything so I called my grandpa. I call my grandpa quite often and we chat on a regular basis..He always calms my nerves a bit and has good advice. (plus he simpathizes a bit which helps!) This morning I vented a little bit ...we discussed the situation. And he always will end the converstaion by reminding me that the only way he got through things is by praying and believing in God. Only this time he told me a little story about on of his construction workers that came into his office everyday. He came into grandpa's office and threw down his hat and said "You know what Walt?!" Grandpa answered "I dont know what?" The guy said" You know what I think. I think God is in the birds and in the trees and I think he's just everywhere." After telling me this Grandpa was like "Lindsey I think this is true....God is everywhere." He told me how he sees God everyday when he sees birds fly. This amazes grandpa. After chatting about this a while We ended our conversation and I just sensed God's presence. My grandpa has always been an example to me....He really treats people like Jesus did. I mean he has his stuggles but there are so many times when I cry because I dont come from a very "Christian home". Today for the first time it was very real to me that God placed grandpa there as an example and to help guide me on my journey with God. If no one else supports me and loves me .....I can count on God and Grandpa. Thats why I titled this my earth angel. I think God sent Grandpa as my angel on this earth to look out for me and guide me. Like I said I knew grandpa was an amazing Godly man before but today it was just so real. On a side note to my friends:
Thank you guys soooo much for always being there when I need someone to talk to. For praying for me when I need prayer. We are sooo different but I have never felt love like this in friendships before. This is a time in my life when I have been on a rollercoaster with everything and yet yall stick by me and love on me. I told Grandpa in my conversation with him that even though I dont get much support at home I have a group of friends from church that love me, pray for me, and support me in what I do. So I just want you all to know how much it means to me that you all are in my life! I love u soo much!!!!
Ok Im done......lol not sure if it makes much sense but I got it all out there.
XOXO
Moi

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Hon, you make total sense! I know it can be so hard to walk with God when people around you and close to you aren't...Keep your head up! Never forget how much your friends love you, your grandpa loves you, and your father in heaven loves you! (And even though he may not always act like it, I know your dad loves you too!)

If you ever need anything, or any ear to listen, even if someone is eavesdropping, you know who to call :)

Laura said...

I'm here for you whenever you need...I know how difficult families can be at times, and how much you just want to shut the door on them, but keep leaning on God, and lean on your friends when you need a little earthly support. We love you so much!